Saturday, March 7, 2009

Better shared

Joanne told us to “rant” so here goes. I will first start with the positive; recently a lot of us have made a considerable effort to hangout outside of class. Out of the 11-13 (I don’t know the exact number) there are about 6-7 of us who have actually made it out. Every time I hang out with these guys I have a blast. I feel that with every week I am getting closer to you and that before long I will consider you guys (cough, cough, girls…) to be actual friends instead of just Beyond border friends. I feel that these friendships have enriched my beyond border’s experience so far and will continue to enrich my experience on the back end of my trip. It’s funny how this common experience can bring this group within a group together. I am not one to call you out by name, but if you have seen me more than twice outside of class, you know you are one of the people I am talking about. I would also like to give credit to those select few in class who have made a personal effort to get to know me on an individual level, weather that be msn chats, watching movies on my projector, or even talking to me about something beyond BB. Please keep it up, you are making my last term of university the best yet!
To everyone who has not made it out yet, please do. There are 10’s of 1000’s of people attending UW, out of those 1000’s there are 13 of us who can relate to you. There is not a single person in our class I personally don’t want to get to know better, and I know that the others feel the same way. I get that you have exams, essays, and lab reports, but we all do. Exams will come and go, but this experience will ruminate throughout your life. Know, however, that this experience goes beyond class and traveling, but incorporates the relationships you make both here and there. So please make a effort to come out with us, because beyond borders, much like life, is better shared.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! If you ever wanna hang out, you can find me at the 3rd floor DP library:)

    ReplyDelete