Friday, January 30, 2009

Let's get Physical

Today I had my physical; it’s safe to say that my doctor now knows me on a very intimate level, Yikes! I had filled in the information beforehand, but I had negated to read the medical examiner portion of the forms. So I found it odd when the nurse told me to change into a medical robe. Waiting in the doctor’s office (it always seems like forever), I looked over the medical examiner section of the forms. I figured I would brace myself for the evitable, that’s when I saw the word every man fears, “rectal”. I had no idea this was part of the physical! I had only braced myself for a worst case scenario of “turn and cough.” Immediately I began to panic, I tried to think of excuses (maybe I could txt a friend to call me in 10 min and pretend a family member had died), I contemplated leaving the beyond borders program, more then anything else I was grateful I took a shower that morning! Anyway, without getting into any details, I endured the examination. I am not going to lie to you, the whole physical part of the physical, was more than a little awkward, however not as bad as it could have been/how I imagined it. I don’t know what that portion of the examination has to do with me teaching in Ghana, but I guess awkward physicals are a part of growing up (this experience making me about 35!)

2 comments:

  1. john you're too funny. it obviously couldn't have been too bad if you didn't mind sharing it here. this reminded me of jess's story about her physical too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha
    that I will not put on here..
    I'm not as open as John.

    ReplyDelete